The Minister of State for Employment and Small Business Pat Breen T.D. has urged micro and small businesses to prepare for Brexit and to talk to their Local Enterprise Office (LEO) about the range of LEO supports now available.
The Minister has announced a suite of Brexit supports totalling €3.4 million, now available to micro and small businesses through the 31 LEOs nationwide.
- Access to the ‘Brexit SME Scorecard’ online tool where micro and smaller businesses can self-diagnose their readiness for Brexit;
- A ‘Technical Assistance for Micro-enterprises’ grant to help LEO clients to find new markets and exports;
- Rollout of ‘Lean for Micro’ nationwide which will make small businesses more efficient and competitive;
- A ‘LEO Innovation and Investment Fund’ pilot programme to support innovation in micro-enterprises and get them investor ready to scale their businesses;
- Tailored mentoring to address Brexit related business challenges;
- Training on specific Brexit challenges, including financial aspects; and
- Continued information, advice and guidance across all 31 LEOs and regionally.
The full article can be found here.